There comes a time when web pages and or blogs must be updated or changed in some manner. Now is the time for the Boise Foodie Guild blog to re-design. I am taking the Special Pages Index from the sidebar and placing it directly under the header. Look for it just above this article and click Home to return to here.
There are several restaurants in Boise that we use as our benchmarks.
- The Buzz – A great bistro and wine restaurant that has some awesome home cooked and prepared meals. Look for their monthly Wine Club Dinners.
- Le Café de Paris – Great French cooking, bakery items and the occasional Thursday night special wine dinners.
- Sushi Joy – Superb Asian cuisine. Definitely a Boise benchmark for this ethnic food.
- Brown Shuga Soul Food – A change in cuisine tastes. Awesome Soul Food like Collard Greens, Black-Eyed Peas, Pulled Pork, Fried Chicken and Sweet Potato Pie to name just a few. Truly authenic.
- El Gallo Giro – In Kuna, just south of Boise. Absolutely the best Mexican food in the area.
As I get these pages developed, you will see them listed above. And you will probably see the categories that I have established. They are all based mostly on ethnic foods – that is, specialized to a specific region in the culinary world. We are extremely lucky here in Boise because we have a very large selection of diversified restaurants. Whatever your taste or desire, you will probably find it in Boise or close-by. The object is not to list every restaurant in Boise of different foods. I will only list those that we think are the best within a specific style. An interesting project, to say the least.